MBW International, a UK-based joint venture between Milliman and Barnett Waddingham, has organised a roundtable discussion entitled “UK defined benefit pensions, a current overview: What can we learn in the Netherlands?” on Tuesday, 3 October 2017.
The roundtable is aimed at Dutch companies with a deficit in their UK defined benefit (DB) pension schemes as well as companies interested in learning more about the latest UK pension developments.
The roundtable will focus on the following topics:
- An update on the UK pensions market and the impact it is having on Dutch companies—this will include recent analysis by the leading UK actuarial firm Barnett Waddingham LLP (the analysis will be distributed at the event).
- Current market opportunities which could help companies tackle their UK pension problems, including:
- Changes to the way UK employees can access their pension savings that make it more attractive for them to transfer DB benefits into defined contribution (DC) arrangements. This helps reduce the scale of the historic DB obligations.
- Continuing developments in the UK bulk annuity market.
- What can we learn in the Netherlands from our UK counterparts?
- Management of international pension plans—how can this be done in a more harmonised manner to increase efficiency, reduce risk, and achieve greater consistency across a business.
MBW International Directors Nick Griggs and Andrew Vaughan are guest speakers. Both Nick and Andrew have considerable experience dealing with these UK pension issues.
Seats are limited. If you would like to attend, email us here for more information.
Milliman and Barnett Waddingham, UK’s largest independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services, today announced a joint venture.
Operating under the name of MBW International, the joint venture brings together the significant expertise of the two independent firms to deliver superior global retirement benefits advice to companies with headquarters in the UK and global companies with UK operations. The new organisation will offer truly independent global pensions advice from a single source, with full access to the experience and resources that live within the Barnett Waddingham and Milliman businesses. It will follow their shared values of providing quality, independent advice to their clients.
Nick Salter, Senior Partner at Barnett Waddingham, said: “MBW International will allow us to extend our global pensions expertise to support the full needs of multinational organisations with their overseas pension arrangements, whilst retaining the independent ownership structure of Barnett Waddingham. Clients of MBW International can expect to receive the same high quality, independent advice that Barnett Waddingham and Milliman are already known for.”
Steve White, Milliman CEO, said: “The establishment of MBW International enhances the range of retirement consulting services Milliman can offer its multinational and UK-headquartered clients. The obvious synergies between Milliman and Barnett Waddingham are built on our shared values: Independence, quality, and dedication to superior client service.”